Background

Monday, June 16, 2014

Best Wishes for the Best of Followers


In the next few months, this blog will realize our fourth anniversary of blogging.  We've not grown a lot of followers, but the followers we do have are loyal and encouraging.  I'd take these few faithful and encouraging women all day long.  One of the most faithful from a very early point is Karon of Karon's Krafty Korner. She reads faithfully, comments faithfully and encourages me from a distance such that I know her as friend even though we could pass on the street without recognizing each other.  This caused me great distress when we recently held a contest for some blog candy and restricted it to mailing within the US.  *Frowny Face*  So, I thought that I might bless her with a unique gift all her own.  At the scrapbook convention at the end of May I picked up the Delicate Asters stamp and die set from Heartfelt Creations.  Karon had her eye on a couple of my cards and indicated she might want them as a Christmas present.  Christmas was just too far away so I made this card to express my fondest wishes and sent a little care package all the way to Canada.  Here's the details:

  • The papers are from the MME Forgettable 6 x 6 paper pad edged with Peacock Feathers Distress ink.  
  • The flowers are stamped in black Archival ink and die cut using my Heartfelt Creations Sun-kissed Fleur.   I then used copper stamp paint to color the flowers.  The centers are made with some Peacock Feathers Distress Glitter.  
  • The flourish is green cardstock cut with my ODBD Fancy Foliage die
  • The patterned paper was cut using my Labels 18 die and the white cardstock sentiment cut with my Labels 17 die. 
This is truly a very small gift to have made and given to such a loyal follower.  I received a grateful and humble email from Karon this weekend.  While my weekend was full of activities and commitments, I literally bounded around the room waving my hands in the air like a 5 years old chanting She Got It! She Got It! She Got It!  That my friends is what joy looks like. Karon inspires joy like she is a pro.  I'm so grateful for her.  Check her out, she will not disappoint you!

I've entered this card into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #136: Anything Goes



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?